Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Celebrating A New Suspense Thriller From Betty Gordon

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating a new mystery thriller from Betty Gordon that takes readers through shifting sands, ancient portals leading to pharoahs entombed long ago and mysteries of the Nile.

Betty Gordon, a native Texan, moved from Dallas to Houston in search of her destiny. After careers as a dance instructor, sculptor, and legal assistant, she followed her dream to write books that would entertain and challenge readers.

Betty graduated from the University of Houston-Downtown with a B.S. in Professional Writing and from U of H-Clear Lake with an M.A. in Literature (Creative Writing), and an M.A. in Visual Arts. She attended law school for a year before leaving for the world of art and writing. She continues her education with on-line writing workshops and conferences.

A supportive husband, three grown sons, and a Maltese who thinks he's another son complete her family.

Publishing credentials: Murder in the Third Person, Deceptive Clarity, The Magic of Christmas (a mini-ebook collection of short stories for all seasons), Valley of Obsessions (Coming Soon), and The Common Thread (co-authored with CC Smith) Release date 2011. Numerous short stories in L&L Dreamspell's anthologies, Dead and Breakfast, A Death in Texas, A Box of Texas Chocolates, and Twisted Tales of Texas Landmarks.

Betty is a member of Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Writers' League of Texas, The Final Twist, Houston Writers' Guild, and Bay Area Writers' League.

WEBSITE *** FACEBOOK *** TWITTER


VALLEY OF OBSESSIONS by Betty Gordon

Desiree's passion for ancient Egyptian culture leads her on a dangerous trip down the Nile.

Can Desiree Roberts leave her law career in Texas and become a 1980's Egyptian?

Will the country that has captivated her since childhood embrace her, or will it lead her down dangerous paths fraught with deception and betrayal?

As Desiree follows her dreams and treks through shifting sands, she enters portals of pharaohs long since entombed. Her obsessions lure her into alien territory filled with suspicious characters - where someone wants to end her fantasies.

How far will he go?

BUY THE BOOK *** BUY THE eBOOK *** BUY IN KINDLE *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Betty a question today at her Cyber Launch Party because TWO lucky AuthorIsland readers will receive their choice from Betty's book list check out her website for your choices! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are one of today's TWO winners!! Good luck!

21 comments:

  1. Good morning Betty and super congrats on the new release - VALLEY OF OBSESSIONS - wow - it sounds really good as I've always been interested in Egypt.

    Tell us about the book, how much research did you have to do for it?

    You're a new author to me, so please tell us about your other books and what genres you write in.

    Enjoy your special day and your party and I hope the new release is your biggest seller yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your launch party Betty. I bought the book, Valley of Obsessions and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new release, betty. You're a new to me author and since I love mysteries, I'm glad to know about a new mystery author to add to my list.

    I'm a big Elizabeth Peters fan, while yours is a contemporary unlike Peters' Amelia Peabody series, does yours have some humor too, or is it straight suspense/mystery?

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the book sounds good! I haven't read any of your books before so I'm also glad to hear of a new mystery author.

    Sounds like the book has a bit of a paranormal twist to it with her "dreams" does it or am I reading something into it that's not there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, thanks for your comment. It's wonderful to get acquainted with new readers. I, too, enjoy Elizabeth Peters and her series. My work does include humor -- where would we be without it? Romance is always there too.

    I appreciate your post, Anne.

    Betty Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Katie. You're very perceptive. Yes, a slice of paranormal is indeed in the story.

    Thanks for responding and for the opportunity to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats my friend! I have all your books, but had to swing by with a hearty WOOT for your new release!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Betty! This sounds like a terrific romantic suspense thriller! I can't think of a more exotic and intriguing topic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty,

    After having completed two novels in a three book series about the Middle East, I was immediately drawn to you newest book. Everything about that part of the world is exciting. I wish you the very best success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauline, a big WOOT right back at you. You are a great friend and one I treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacqueline, I appreciate your taking time to respond. It's a great Cyber Launch -- the folks at Author Island are great to work with.

    Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations, betty! sounds fascinating & i wish you much success

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe, thanks for your comment. I join you in an interest for the Middle East. Egypt has always intrigued me and when my husband and I visited some years ago, it only added to my love affair with the country -- particularly the ancients.

    ReplyDelete
  14. David, thanks for your comment. I wish you well, too, with SPYDER.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What does the name of the book refer to? I know that might be a spoiler, but I am intrigued by the name. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Betty! Very exciting. Here's to many, many sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen B., thanks for our post. The name, without giving away too much, refers in part to the protagonist's fantasies about Egypt she began as a child and then -- these fantasies collided with full-blown obsessions which could only be fulfilled in this ancient country.

    Thanks again for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura G., thanks for your post. Good reading and writing to you too. I wish you much success in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Betty. A fellow L & L Dreamspell and Author Island compatriot wishes you much success. Sounds like a dynamite book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Betty.

    You're a new author for me but not for long. I love books sent in ancient Egypt and look forward in reading Valley of Obsessions.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Tracy D. I appreciate your comment and the opportunity to connect with you as a reader. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete