Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celebrating A New Magical Sword Book From Stacey Kennedy

Today at our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating Stacey Kennedy's new release FIRST AND LAST, book four in her The Magical Sword Series.

Stacey's novels are light-hearted fantasy with heart squeezing, thigh-clenching romance, and even give a good chuckle every now and again.

Her journey as a writer began as a way to keep her brain alive since being a stay at home mom can sometimes be a little...let's say numbing. It was an escape from screaming kids, dirty diapers and plain old mom duty.

It started as a hobby, but as the stories progressed it became a passion. Now, Stacey indulges at nap time, especially the juicy bits! Every mom needs a good thrill!



FIRST AND LAST The Magical Sword - Book Four by Stacey Kennedy

One woman, one bond, one final battle ... can even Nexi Jones defeat the deepest darkness of evil?

Meet Nexi Jones - Witch, Guardian and now, Lady of the Underworld. Embracing her new role, Nexi begins the task of changing a world led by darkness. But not everyone is happy to see her rise to power. Before long, a resistance within the Underworld is forming.

As the darkness begins to close in around her, Nexi's magical abilities flourish in response - forcing Nexi to dig down deeper into her past to discover this source and why she was gifted with such incredible strength.

With her Guardian, Kyden by her side, Nexi will meet her greatest challenge yet as she begins to discover that fate might have been a bitch, but she was a bitch with a plan.


WIN - Leave Stacey a question about her new release today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a free ebook of THE WILLOW, the first book in her Magical Sword Series! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!



19 comments:

  1. Super congrats on the new release Stacey!!! You're a new author for me so I was thrilled to discover your work! Tell us all about your Magical Sword series and how the books fit together.

    And more congrats are in order for hitting the bestseller list!!! What a great start to the new year!

    Welcome to the Island and enjoy your first Cyber Launch Party! Hope FIRST AND LAST is your biggest seller yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Stacey.

    You're a new author for me, but not for long. First and Last sounds great and I'm sure I'll enjoy this series, too.

    I like your book covers. Do you work with one particular artists?

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not here for the contest, I already own a copy of The Willow. I'm a new fan and anxious to get to know Nexi.

    Just wanted to stop by and leave some love for Stacey and I hope your Release Day and this Launch Party are awesome!!!

    See you in chat Wednesday ;-)

    Take care, Chrissie A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the release. It sounds good. Did you have any input on the cover? Because it's great!
    greenduckie13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone!!!

    I'm really excited to be here! My first Cyber Launch Party!! Very cool stuff!!

    The Magical Sword series is Nexi's life. It's the journey of her discovering her magical abilities and also discovering herself. These books are emotional, but are fun too! She's a sassy character but has a sweet soul too. The novels you could say are watching Nexi's life come full circle. And they were a blast to write!!

    Tracey and greenduckie - Anne Cain designed all the covers for The Magical Sword Series. I was lucky enough to be able to choose the model for this cover and when I saw her...I knew she was the perfect Nexi. Anne did a fabulous job of including the pentagram that holds special meaning in this book. When she sent the cover along to me I was floored. It's a very beautiful cover and I still stare at it in awe!

    Chrissie--thanks for the love!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO wish I had an ereader so I could enter this contest! I cannot read ebooks on my computer *sad face*. CONGRATS on your release. This series sounds wonderful! I will help share the contest for you by tweeting & sharing on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mindy!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm sorry you can't participate in the contest! *sad face too*

    If you are looking print they are available at Barnes & Nobel - http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=stacey+kennedy&page=index&prod=univ&choice=allproducts&query=stacey+kennedy&flag=False&ugrp=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacey, I haven't read your books yet but I have heard GREAT things! I can't wait to read them and I would love to be entered in your contest for a free one.

    What is your favorite part of being an author?

    christina.irelan@gmail.com
    christina_irelan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Christina,

    My favourite part is the creative process. Heck, I like to read as much as I do write. So, I really enjoy reading how the story unfolds as I go along. If you get a chance to read the series...you'll know why. The stories are fast paced, filled with danger and passion. It's a fun ride as I tell their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new release Stacey.

    This is book 4..plans for any more?

    Elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  12. FIRST and LAST is the final novel from Nexi, but I've already finished TAINTED BLOOD, The Enchanted Sight Book One which will take off where FIRST and LAST leaves off. Nexi and Kyden are secondary characters as Sabi and Ryker lead the way in the new series. So, this isn't really a goodbye from those characters, just a see ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new release!
    Do you know how many books will be in your new series?

    kissinoak at frontier dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new release. I've not read any of your books yet. What genre's do you write?

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not had a chance to read this series so starting with the first book would be good. I enjoy PNR.

    linze_e at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Stacey. Congrats on the newest release. I am eager to start reading it soon.

    Do you think you will ever write in a different time period?

    iqb99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Estella - I suspect there will be 3-4 books in the next series. But I'm not a plotter so I really have no idea what will happen until I get down to writing them.

    Sherry - I write urban fantasy romance and paranormal erotic romance.

    Danielle - HA! I am in awe of people who can write historical novels. I just wrote a short story for an anthology I'm going to be a part of and it has a ghost who is from the civil war. That is about as historical as I'll go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on your new release. If you could have dinner with any one person living, dead, real, or imaginary who would it be and why.
    scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great question, Pam!! I'd love to meet Katie MacAlister. Anyone who writes novels like she does has to be one heck of a fun lady!! Plus, I'd love to talk books with her. She's one of my favourite authors!!

    ReplyDelete